Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
(My edtech blog! Check it out!)
Read Across B-A Video
21st C. Edu-Tech Ideas
Cool Tools PD Session
More Cool Tools
Cool Tools II
Beyond the Cool Tool
Writing With Web 2.0 Tools
Big Huge Labs
Link This Thing!
Tech Tip of the Week
Tech Integration Info
What is CFF?
Role of the CFF Coach
Web 2.0 Tools
How To Docs/Tutorials
Flip the Switch 2009
IU8 PD Session 2011
jf20's Web Resources
(by subject area)
BAMS Tech Cub Info
BAMS Tech Club Web Site
The Bellwood Buzz
Meet the Tech Kids
Hurricane Alert e-Mission
Camp Blue Diamond 2011
The Thumb Print
Multimedia Course I
Edutech for Teachers on Facebook
Feedjit Live Blog Stats
Protect Intellectual Property!
Click below to add my
page to your Diigo bookmarks!
Jamie L. Forshey
Instructional Technology Coach
Bellwood-Antis School District
814.742.2273 ext. 4009
This site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License
Permissions beyond the scope of this license can be obtained by contacting me at
Web 2.0 Tools
Web 2.0: New Tools, Cool Schools
Because Web 2.0 software is online and accessible to anyone with an Internet connection and a browser, the possibilities are endless... Ready to get started?
Note: The tools listed on the first section of this page are those that have been tried and tested with B-A teachers in terms of effectiveness while keeping in mind the the safety and privacy of our students, so feel free to experiment with them - but please contact me for suggestions and recommendations before venturing into the lab to conduct a lesson with students. Because these are "open share" tools, you need to consider a few items before you let the natives loose. ;-)
The list of tools on the bottom section of this page is quite comprehensive, so find a category you are looking for, choose a site that looks interesting to you, and experiment! If all of this "stuff" overwhelms you ~ Remember, I can help! Contact me with your instructional needs and/or ideas and I can assist you with learning and utilizing any of the tools listed on this page. Again, please contact me before taking the plunge with students. ;-)
Warning! This stuff can be addictive! ;-)
~ Glogster's tag line is "poster yourself". And it is simply that. This web site allows students to
combine graphics, photos, videos, music, and text into a great online poster called a "glog".
How to integrate Glogster EDU into the classroom:
is a creative way for students to display knowledge in absolutely any subject area. This tool has the ability to put a new twist on book reports, projects and literature activities. Students can even show off their writing in a foreign language, or they can record themselves speaking the language on their phone/mp3 player and upload it. So, basically in one piece of work, students can present both their writing and speaking while demonstrating their creativity. How cool is that? Glogs can also be embedded into wikis and blogs, making them even more versatile.
Check out a few examples of sixth grade student book reports below... Click on the image to to view a larger version of the glog and/or to view it on the Glogster web site.
Check out this document for more information regarding the integration of Glogster into the curriculum:
Glogster PD Handout.pdf
Web Poster Wizard
~ Create quick and easy online school projects and short reports
Wordle is a tool for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide.
How to integrate Wordle into the classroom:
is a creative, hands-on way to add some flair to the instruction of new terminology and/or spelling words in any content area. It can also be used to develop character sketches, poetry and much more. In addition, word walls can be created to display knowledge in all subjects. The interaction with vocabulary through physical manipulation and color association provides an alternative way to engage students with all types of vocabulary.
Check out an example of a Wordle below... Click on the image to to view a larger version and/or to view it on the Wordle web site.
Online Surveys, Polls & Quiz Generators
~ This tool can be used to poll students on any topic you choose; the results can then be utilized to create graphs, charts, etc… Just another spin on learning! If you cannot find a use for Doodle in your classrooom, it's still a really cool resource that you can share with your colleagues to schedule meetings or conferences and/or your family and friends to plan dinners, reunions, parties, etc...
~ Create professional online surveys quickly and easily
~ Another online survey tool; The best solution for fast, easy feedback
~ Create your own educational games, quizzes and much more! Explore millions of activities and quizzes created by educators from around the world.
~ Dazzle your students with a talking picture that you create!
~ Create free glitter graphics that can be used anywhere... Give this text generator a try!
~ Free online file conversion tool (For example, convert pdf files to Word Documents or convert "You Tube" videos using the URL address so they can be saved to your computer)
Assessment and Evaluation
Online assessment is optimal for a more paperless classroom environment. Students enjoy the chance for interactive online assessments. There are sites that allow you to make review flashcards and asses student learning. Sites where you can make and download rubrics are also available. These can then be linked or embedded into a web page and/or wikispace.
~ Rubric Maker
~ Create interactive online assessments and analyze the data
~ For rubrics, but you can create various other resources here
~ Online classroom and quiz generator
~ Create and share online exams and flash cards; Provides instant feedback
~ Download and install an interactive quiz player game and quiz maker software
~ Teacher Tools
~ Free 60 day trial at
~ Create interactive note cards for practice and review
~ Create interactive embeddable flash cards to help students study and learn
~ Simple flash cards and quizzes
~ Create interactive online flash cards in an instant
~ Create online flashcards within this community of thinkers and learners
~ Publish files and annotate them online; Provide feedback to your students
~ Upload files, annotate, share and collaborate; Great for group projects
Texas Student Assessments
~ Online interactive assessments in reading, writing and math
~ Online interactive assessments and quizes to test mastery
~ Create and conduct online tests
~ Free online grade book and assignment builder for teachers and students
~ Learn and assess in a fun, interactive environment
Rubric Generators -
Some of the Web 2.0 Guru's favorite tools for utilizing blogs in the classroom. Create a blog so that students can share and discuss topics in and outside of class. Believe it or not, kids will actually visit back often to see who is reading and responding. Reluctant classroom participants usually love this outlet to share ideas and new concepts.
Sample Blogs -
~ Easy to set up; Easy to monitor; One of the best blogging tools out there
~ Live Blogging; Embed in a web page
~ Another easy way to create your classroom blog
~ Free school or classroom blogs. A great way to start an entire school with blogs that can be monitored in one location
~ A favorite of many teachers since it allows the user to add video clips and text; A must see and try! Kids love it!
And if these aren't good enough for you, try this list of
40 Blog Hosts
Charts and Spreadsheets
Creating charts used to be a chore! If you do not have Excel or know how to design a simple chart, these tools can help! See what you think:
~ Free online spreadsheet creator
~ Share and collaborate
~ Create and upload excel sheets online, share and collaborate
~ Data sets, graphs, charts, etc.; All can be embedded and manipulated
~ Create, share and collaborate
~ Create charts to share and embed on your sites
~ Create free html charts or spreadsheets
Collaboration experiences assist with opening up the lines of communication for students, teachers, parents and communities. Students love to share with each other and others from outside of the class. They thrive on sharing their expertise and knowledge to people who are interested. Try using these tools when students are expected to work in groups and communicate to complete group projects. They will thank you for the experience! The great thing is that kids will have 24/7 access to their work. Since all of these sites offer storage and interactivity, students no longer need to be sitting at a specific computer or using a particular network.
~ Share and collaborate
~ Create collaborative docs in your browser
~ Share and collaborate
~ Create interactive note pages that allow you to post docs, video, audio, maps and comments; Edit together
~ Take notes together, share and collaborate
~ Browse the internet together; Great for collaboration and research! What a great tool!
~ Collaborate with this video tool; Create a video together
~ Publish files and annotate them online
~ Create a public or private discussion forum network
~ Instant canvas for sharing, creating, chatting and more; Get started instantly!
Instantly collaborate on any document (Original doc is not altered; just annotated)
Allowing students to communicate and or chat during class or outside of class will open up the lines of communication between you and your students. Many of these resources allow for monitored chat rooms, quick webcam communications, and more. The nice thing is that you can create and open a room during class and then close it outside of class if you are concerned about posts outside of class. In addition, these tools can be use to video conferencing with other classrooms, other schools, and even with guest speakers.
~ Download and install for quick video conferencing; Students love showing off when doing reports, projects, labs, demonstrations, etc. Great tool for distance learning!
~ This is the easiest and quickest video chat room on the web; Go to the site, grab a room and share the link with people/students; All webcams are recognized and everyone can talk, hear and type whenever they want; Very interactive! Create a private room as well.
~ Embeddable virtual conference room
~ Embeddable chat gadget
~ Embeddable chat gadget
~ Similar to Skype; Download and video chat with anyone around the world
~ Instant chat rooms
~ Create free chat rooms
Convert Text to Audio
- convert your blog, docs, rtf, rss and more to audio. Sound quality is pretty good.
Convert Video and Audio Files
- convert it all here!
AVS Video Converter
Convert Word to PDF and Vise Versa
Convert PDF to Word
- not really a converter but an online PDF editor
Free PDF convert -
convert any doc to pdf
- view any document online with Scribd's iPaper
convert any file to pdf for free
Celebration of Success - Award and Certificate Makers
My Award Maker -
create great templates for student awards
DLTK's Growing Together -
create awards, cards and more
- alternative to Microsoft
- Office bundle
- create free incredible looking newsletters here!
create pictures, stories, and movies here. Fun and interactive.
create great looking comics here. Even use your own photo.
- design artwork in a free online graphics genertor. Great for Art students or designing logos.
- create great looking ebooks with
Read Write Web Flipbook
Create Free eBooks - anyone can write and publish for free!! c
- publish and sell your writings
- Create Free eBooks - anyone can write and publish for free!!
kids can create simple web sites in a snap. Great for quick and easy projects.
- Draw and collaborate
- create your own online magazine issue.
It's Our Tree -
create a free online family tree.
- create great looking desktop documents for free!! Download and install for free.
- create online collaborative interactive magazines
Awesome Clipart for Educators
- Create a 3D interactive learning cube or collection of video, audio, images, text and links AWESOME!
- Create a free foldable with so many options. Create note cards and remiders.... Excellent tool!!
Kids on the Net
-creative writing and interactive activities
- create, publish and share your work
- get real meanings, links and more for vocab
- visual mapping for vocabulary, expands and builds meaning and relationships
- great and easy!
- Merriam Webster
- Thinkmap's visual thesaurus and concept make builder
Sign Language Dictionary
- learn how to sign and communicate with the deaf with this great dictionary
- get a 3D representation of many words
Disposable Email Accounts for Site Registration
- incoming mail is only stored for a few hours
- alias accounts
10 minute storage and use
- receive only create a temporary inbox
- creates a random email account
Ebooks or Audio Books
Great resources for listening to royalty free and public domain publications. Excellent resources!
audio books online, listen and record your own.
- everything is audio or video format. Too many collections to mention here. A must see!
- Florida State Univ. online audio book repository
- free ebook downloads... AWESOME
- a huge collection of online books
Games for Education
Try some of these sites for reinforcing the specific skills and content.
Create interactive flash games for class review.
- games for the younger students
The Last Brain Game
- Great brain games in single or multiplayer game studios. FUN!!
create a free online science environment with interactive scientific experiments and problem solving modules
fun interactive games
fun interactive games
- introduce your students to virtual worlds with these kid friendly environments. Allows for digital skill literacy and students can beging managing $, time, and pet responsibility. Writing prompts can be used with these worlds.
- interactive java base math simulations and examples
- play simple math and spelling games for reinforement, challenge other global players and beat the clock
Games That Change the World -
online games that help the world!
Simulations for Learning -
a great list of online simulations for student learning.
Bitesize Games by BBC -
Interactive learning and fun Science, Math Etc.
Power Point Game Templates
- an incredible site for playing interactive PPT Games
-Games for Math, Language Arts, Spelling, Science and more
- online learning games for young kids.
- awesome virutal game for learning and building!!
Virtual Games in Education
Nobel Prize Games
- virutual Army experiences
find as many words as possible in the time available. Get the longest word and you'll advance to the next level.
- Unicef, voices of youth explore, learn the cost of life
- play a Cisco binary game
Global Warming Interactive
Immune System Defender
I Know That
Prisoners of War
Power Up The Game
Road to Revolution
Third World Famer
- designed to foster better understanding of management practices in American colleges and universities.
Virtual SurgeryWasteland Adventure
World Without Oil
Learn how to type online with these free online interactives.
- free online typing
- free online test and practice
Typing Pal Online
Dance Mat Typing
- fun for younger children
Free Typing Game
- games for typing
Type Faster Typing
Tutor - free download
- Tons of free games
- create a free account and post directly to your blog and twitter right from your cell phone.
- create a free account and send voice messages to phone #'s and groups of people.
- send text messages from the internet to cell phones
- an online encyclopedia that's created by cell phone uses
- stream live media from your cell phone to the internet
Poll Everywhere -
vote on issues and take polls with cell phones as well as
- call and record audio for podcasts
- take a snapshot of your notes and create a pdf to print out.
- create polls for kids to vote via cell phone.
Video, Audio, and Image editing at your fingertips.
Audio Production and Editing
- download and install a free audio mixing tool
- create photostories with audio
- a free audio podcast channel
- create an online audio channel
- create videos easily with your photos and video
- create your own music and download it.
- upload, edit and share your video
Free Audio Clips
Free Audio Clips
- free clips to download
Brainy Betty -
More Free Sound Effects
55 Great Websites for free Audio Clips
Video Production and Editing
- create video training as you record your desktop!
- instant screen recording tool
- Online video editors
- upload, edit and share your videos.
- create your own videos
- create and collaborate on your videos
One True Media -
share your photos in a video montage
upload ppts. images and video and respond with comments
broadcast live and record to your own free online channel
- create online videos and share
- ceate a free online video channel and share
- create a free online sports channel - great for kids to write and share about their favorite sports!!
- create an online multimedia channel
My Studio -
Free educational videos for download or streaming
- create a 5 minute demo or instruction
- create free virtual tours on your own map portal!
- record your desktop screen to create a demonstration
- capture your desktop and share online
- video streaming from your cell phone
- video streaming from your cell phone
create 30 second videos with your webcam download and embed
- movie clips and trailers for inspiration and discussions
- free open source 3D content creation suite.
- easily edit images
- easily edit and create original images no installation or download
- edit your photos, create new images - just like adobe photoshop!
- edit your photos
- create online hand drawn pictures, save and share.
Embed the widget
to use on your site.
- online photo editor
- edit pictures easily
Flash Face -
create sketch like images with this java based site
free no registration - uplaod and create new images with callouts, graphics, text and more really fun!!
Vector Magic -
Convert Bitmap images to Vector Graphics
Networking and Online Communities
I will put some sites here that may overlap into other areas, but for the most part they are networking sites. Students can use these to communicate and network with peers and their teachers. Even professionals from around the world.
social network for your classroom. Excellent
to upload files to twitter)
another social network that allows so much more!
Twitter for Librarians -
great ideas for librarians who are interested in networking, collaborating and sharing.
- free social network for kids
- network with others and upload your work. allow others to comment.
- create a private classroom network. Great for online classroom environments.
NBC's online networking site where kids can learn, share, watch videos and collaborate and discuss content and topics
Note taking and Concept Map and Flow Chart Tools
Have your students take notes, create concept maps, and time lines online. Simple tools to use with computers in the room. A great way to engage your learners and share the information together.
create a board to write and collaborate. So simple and no strings. Check with RSS feeds.
- create an instant web page for class notes. An RSS feed is provided for keeping track of updates. Share the url to allow others to add information and notes.
- instant collaboration in real time!! No registration required, simply share the link.
– an instant interactive whiteboard, invite and use.
- a web whiteboard instant collaboration
– create individual and group notes to share, revise independently of your own notes.
– share notes with a url link
Create and collaborate in real time or asynchronously on mind maps and graphic organizers.
- wow, collaborate and share, work with anyone, anytime for free!!
- create free online
- publish files and annotate them online.
- take notes on sticky online notes
- create an instant document without any account registration.
- instant notes and url for notes
Dia Gnome -
create diagrams just like Visio
- create great looking flow charts with the this stable Java application
Open Office Draw -
create great looking diagrams and flow charts
- instant web sketch pad. draw, save and print drawings.
great tools for collaborative flow charts and concept maps
- just like Visio, complete diagrams for projects
beta online version of inspiration
Visual Thesaurus -
build visual thesaurus for vocabulary
- annotate any website and share it via email or links
Online Interactive Classroom Environments
Online classroom environments allow you to extend your classes beyond its walls. These environments are free, interactive and available for free. They provide extended content, communications and collaboration opportunities for teachers and students. See if you can use any of these.
free classroom authoring tool.
Global Classroom -
free Moodle course
- FREE Moodle Hosting
free learning management system
create an online classroom environment with modules and interactive classroom resources.
- online course authoring tool Excellent!!
- download and install the free open source classroom management system
- free online classroom management system
- create an online virtual classroom and community groups.
Personalized Web Browser Pages
Make your home page for your browser look and do what you want it to do. Customize your home page!! Put the content that you want at your fingertips...as soon as you open your browser!!
Podcasting can really assist students with more audio and verbal outlets for learning. Students can record learned content to a podcast site or store readings of text passages for a later time. Oral reports can also be recorded, stored and shared at later times outside of the class. Students who are often reluctant to participate in front of peers will create podcasts and audio recordings more readily than participating live in class discussions. Give these sites a try and see who participates. Allow students to share by writing or verbally relaying specific answers or reactions. They will really enjoy the experience.
- create a free classroom channel where students can phone in to record audio. They will not need a computer to use this site.
- this site is similar to gabcast, but the computer is necessary to create audio recordings.
- create a classroom channel and record or upload media files. Embed into sites or play directly from the channel.
create a free online podcast channel.
- create a free podcast channel
- create free online podcasts
- create a live podcast channel for free call in from a phone or use a mic on your computer
Create classroom polls and surveys for students to respond. Assess student learning and concept attainment.
- create online forms, surveys, assessments, free up to 10 surveys and 100 respondents
- create online forms, surveys for students
Google Sheets/Forms - create forms and build a spreadsheet database.
- free online polls for your class
Free Website Polls -
create free polls for your website or blog
- free online embeddable polls
When creating presentations it is not necessary to purchase Microsoft Power Point. Create great looking presentations and gain 24/7 access to edit and share them. No need to use a thumb drive to bring your presentation to and from school. Give these sites a try. These are great tools for creating, sharing and collaborating on presentations.
Upload or create and share new presentations
Upload, create, save share pres.
- a really cool presentation tool, publish directly to slideshare .
- simple pres. tool
simple pres. tool
- create great looking presenations
- upload store and share and embed your presentations
Presentation Templates -
Check some of the online resources to assist with factual information. Also find out if urban legends are really truth or legend.
OED - Open Education Database -
the most comprehensive list of online research resources
Top 10 Online Research Tools
- find only educational resources for research $$$
Merck Manual of Medicine
- online medical reference
Library of Congress
- check out urban legends
- MLA and APA tools
- online research tool
- download a Firefox plugin for collecting your research tools
Civil War Research Resources
- Great books online
Public Knowledge Project
- science resrouces and news
-worldwide law documents from around the world
- create a real live persona, teach it with research and build a personality online
- generate online bibliographies
Collect your favorite Headline RSS feeds and store and share them online.
Google Reader - RSS News Feed Reader
FeedDemon - RSS News Feed Reader
NewzCrawler - RSS News Feed Reader
- educational search engine, build citations as your search
Quintura for Kids
a visual web search engine
- a librarians web search for kids
- educational search engine
search for images with ease
- safe surfing for kids
- surf the net together
Save and share your favorite web sites.
my personal favorite!
Storage - online storage and for files
- 50 gigs free
store and share photos
- take photos of white boards and more and send them to your email.
- gig of online storage
- add and share files... find similar files
: Up to 2GB free storage. Requires a free download of the Mozy software; this helps you figure out which files to back up.
: Still in beta at the time of this writing. Works as a peer to peer network to create an immense virtual hard drive.
: Up to 1 GB free storage; pricing plans available.
: Incredibly easy and simple to use - can upload up to 1 GB of your files here.
: Probably one of the best free online storage sites out there. Not only can you upload files here, but they give you lots of extra options (MySpace help, folders, galleries, etc.).
: Requires free registration; lots of online storage plus neat features such as public file sharing.
: Upload all kinds of files here, including multimedia. Includes integration with Facebook and WordPress.
: Up to 1 GB free online storage; integrates with Zoho and Snipshot.
: Free up to 1 GB; also offers blogging.
: Need to send a really big file? Use YouSendIt to send files up to 2 GB.
: Up to 25 GBs completely free; this includes video hosting as well.
: Need to share a large file with someone? Try Senduit - just upload your file, share a secure URL, and you're all set.
: Upload, host, and share files for free - with unlimited storage available.
: Up to 10GB available for upload storage; you get a URL where your files can either be privately or publicly accessed.
: Free file hosting that allows you unlimited files, photos, etc. to share.
: Unlimited file size; you can upload pretty much anything here to share with others.
I call them the Tubes, you know "YOU" and "TEACHER". They are the rage in society and schools so why not utilize them for learning? Truetube is something a little different. A site where people share contriversial news events and where older students can discuss the nature of the video. Great for debates in class.
- upload and share videos made for class.
- upload, share and watch education based videos only. Students could build demonstrations and more.
- watch and discuss real world contriversial news. Discuss and share thoughts!! Teen content not suitable for young ones.
- upload and watch school related video and tutorials.
Studio 4 Learning
- Learn and share about almost anything Amazing site!!!!
Virtual Field Trips
Google Earth -
allow students to explore the world and create interactive GE field trips and vacations. This is one of the best strategies and works well. I personally used this in the classroom and students didn't want to miss class.
- create or explore panorama images from around the world. Similar to a virtual field trip.
Virtual Field Trips -
View and create virtual field trips
- National Park Service virtual tours
- live webcams from all over the world
- create and visit some amazing places, virtually!! Use your flickr photos to create your own virtual tours.
-r create and share your own virtual tours
Virtual Worlds in Education
I do not always reccommend the use of virtual worlds with students under 18. There are many of these sites that are not safe for kids. Just be careful introducing these to young students.
- Kid safe build and play
Club Penguin -
Active Worlds -
- kid friendly
Vodcasting - Video Broadcasting
Also a nifty name for video podcasting. A great way to get students to share and present live. Create private classroom channels where students can broadcast content via a webcam and mic. Only share it with people you want. A great way to motivate kids to write, collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Create your own media channels and shows by incorporating video,images, podcasts, blogs, and other web resources.
- create a live public or private video broadcast channel. They can be recorded, embedded, for later viewing.
- very similar to ustream ... create a free online video channel protect it with a password
- create a live sports channel. Allow you students to cover, write about and broadcast their favorite sports online.
- train and share in an open envrionment.
- add a video bubble to your website to let viewers know about changes.
- free online interactive workspaces for teaching and sharing
- create online training tutorials and make a profit. Share and earn.
- online live streaming with mapping
So you want students to create a website and you don't have Dreamweaver, Front Page or iWeb. No worries. These tools are so simple to use and easy for students to understand. They can build excellent looking web sites without knowing a thing about stand alone applications and code. A great way to start them on a web presence.
- Easy and great for site collaboration and building.
- great design, easy to use and deveolop nice looking web sites.
- free website builder, only a single page
- free and easy website creator
- fun and free website builder
- free easy and great looking websites
- very easy, nice templates and format.
- totally free, simple to use.
very nice for a graffiti looking page.
- one of the easiest to use.
- simple tool for nice looking web sites.
- very nice free tool, can add game widgets for fun.
- drag and drop great simple tool for interactive free sites.
kids can create simple web sites in a snap. Great for quick and easy projects.
- 3D website creation tool. Very interactive
TweeGee Zone -
free online resources for web page develpment and more
- create free online websites no cost!
- create a free great looking website in seconds
- Build a mobile website in 5 minutes
Create online virtual classrooms for before, during and after classroom hours. Kids will love this opportunity for the time!
- use for online webinar share files and your desktop.
- live meeting, schedule dates and times, can only share files no desktop sharing included.
- create live online learning environments
- online training
- online video conf. and communication
- free video conferencing
- free online interactive workspaces for teaching and sharing
- instant free online webinar tools
- online meetings and collaboration
Create engaging project or inquiry based activities with webquests. Constructivism in practice!
- the biggest collection of webquests on the internet
Best WebQuests -
a collection of great webquests
- a collection of webquests
- visit the sites you need, record them and save
Build and collaborate with these wiki tools. Allow students to create and share content. A great resource for building online information together. Create it together!
- the best wiki tools aound!!
- free wiki tool great for educators provieds the navigtion and page set up.
- free wiki for anyone
- another great wiki resource
How to use wikis...
Getting Started with Wikispaces
How To Create a Wiki Using PBWiki
A slideshow that will walk you through the steps.
How to Make a Wiki
A wiki with downloadable Powerpoint presentations
25 Tools: PBWiki
Activities designed to acqaint you with Peanutbutter Wiki (PBWiki)
A video about wikis, PBWiki and how it can be used in education.
A step-by-step guide to wikis for educators.
Create share and collaborate at these sites. Build documents on the go. 24/7 access.
share and collaborate
share and collaborate
Other Collections of Free Open Source Software
- Resources by subject or content
a ton of Web 2.0 resources
Web 2.0 Directory
My personal favorite
- completely free download of an open source office solution!!
Open CourseWare -
online free open source courses and content
Career For Learning Performance Technology
Open Educational Resources this site offers new ways to engage with free-to-use learning content.
Create educational resources in a snap. Rubrics, Graphic Organizers and more.
Download some great open source software.
some of the simplest and best tools.
Center For Learning and Performing
- college courses at home
- free online learning resource for people interested in learning computer skills. Learn and get a certificate of completion
find out who makes the sites you visit.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"